Monday, June 2, 2014

Go Home!

This week has been a solid week. Tuesday was probably the most interesting. We had met Ben a couple days earlier and said I'm busy now, but i would love for you to come by and we can sit down and talk. He seemed really excited to talk with us. Now, I'm no new missionary, and I could see right through his little plan. Nobody is that excited to meet with us unless they want to bash. Anyways we went back on Tuesday and I was right. He invited us right in, we sat down, he whipped out his bible, and started right off. "Now boys, I am a seventh day Adventist and I am never going to change. . ." yadda yadda, he went on for a while. The hard part was that he was actually nice to us and so we tried to reason with him. The conversation was kind of one sided the whole time. He would talk forever and we would try and say something, then he would go right back talking again. We were stuck in a black hole. After a little more than an hour of us sharing our beliefs with each other I was done. He wasn't willing to even consider the possibility of the Book of Mormon being true, so we invited him to read and pray about it anyway. I told him that we are just here to share the blessings of peace and joy that come from the restored gospel. Can't argue with that. Then later that day in the evening we met this lady pastor. She, however, was not nice. She was walking her dog and we stopped to talk with her and she seemed nice at first, but as we started talking about why we are on our missions that changed. Basically she told us that we need to go home and go to college. I agreed and told her that I will be doing that once I am finished here. Then it got really weird, she cast like a spell or something on us. And I quote " You are going to have dreams, you are going to have visions, you are going to change your life around, and it's going to be for the better". That's when me and Elder Moser looked at each other like we need to leave, now. So we did. She is definitely working for the devil, and frankly it was a weak attempt on his part. Then on a good note I went on an exchange on Saturday with Elder Collard. I got to work in his area and we had some really great lessons together. He is a great missionary and was a lot of fun to be around. That pretty much sums up my week, the exciting parts that is. Things are going fantastic here, me and Elder Moser are becoming really good friends, and that always makes things a lot easier and a lot more fun. Thank you for your letters they mean a lot. Don't have too much fun without me.

Elder Hamson


No comments:

Post a Comment