Monday, June 16, 2014

Not Today

Well this week is the last week of the transfer, which is weird, it has gone by so quickly. Next transfer will be longer though. This last week started off great, we went to the Ronald Reagan presidential library. They had a lot of different interesting things there, and at times I felt like part of the exhibit. There were a lot of people there, because it's the beginning of summer. It was good though air force one is pretty sweet, but just like every other airplane. . . I didn't fit. Then on Tuesday I went on an exchange with Elder Larson, and that went well. We worked in my area, and got a lot done. Exchanges always get you to work extra hard. We taught a lesson with a less-active member who has been coming to church regularly for a little while now. We talked to him for a little bit then he said "and no, I haven't read my scriptures". I didn't even have to ask him he just followed up with himself when he saw me. So it was then that I suggested that we read together right now. He said "not today Elder Hamson". . . what do you do. I don't think he likes me, but that's fine with me. Overall it was a good exchange, we definitely both learned a few things from each other.
Then on Wednesday I went on another exchange, so I had back to back days without Elder Moser. This time I went with Elder Egan, who is the zone leader, so we had a great day. We talked to a lot of people, and taught a few lessons. We tracted into a lady who seemed excited to listen to our message, and gladly took a Book of Mormon then out of no where here husband walked up behind her and all of the sudden she wasn't interested, and wanted to give us our book back. Bummer. She failed to give us our book back though, so at least she can read it when her husband isn't looking or something. Both exchanges were in my area, and were both really good, however Elder Moser and I both agree it was nice to be back together. Then on Friday we had apartment inspections. I didn't know what to expect, since this was my first one, but it turns out if your apartment is clean you have nothing to worry about. So ya, we aced it. The other Elders in the ward, however got chewed out, so we will probably go help them clean their apartment. That was pretty much this week. Next week will be crazy, we have a zone conference on Wednesday and it is President Castro's last one. I will also find out next week if I am getting transferred or not. Then it is President Felix starting July 1. Thank you all for your letters, and all the support. It means a lot. I love you all and keep on having fun!

Elder Hamson


Calling the nation to repentance.



No comments:

Post a Comment