Monday, June 9, 2014

The Key

Well, as usual the weather is great. On Tuesday I started off my week going on an exchange with Elder Young, who is on the other side of our ward. I see him all the time so it was cool to have a whole day working with him. He has been out for about 4 months now, and he is a great missionary. In the morning we started tracted into a born again christian, and she was actually pretty cool. She had never actually heard the Joseph Smith story before, and so naturally we filled her in. She was a crazy, but hopefully she's crazy enough to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was a really good lesson, and we have another appointment with her tomorrow. Then throughout the rest of the day we ended up teaching 3 more lessons to random people we met, which is unusual. So I had a great start to the week. Then on Saturday the zone leaders called us and said that they needed our keys to the stake center. They had a baptism that day and realized they didn't have a key to the building, so we came to the rescue and opened the building for them. And then while we were there some guy came and started skateboarding at the church. We had to leave, but the zone leaders talked to him and as it turns out he was really interested. They gave him a tour of the church, including the font which was filling up. We found this all out later, but Jacob, the skater, is now meeting with the missionaries. It all works out great too, because his is YSA age anyway, and I'd like to think that it's all because of my key to the church. However it was just a reminder that there are people out there who are being prepared, we just need to find them. I think that is it as far as exciting things go this week. We are actually planning on going to the Ronald Reagan library later today, so I will let you all know how that goes. I am a little nervous about all the changes that are coming up. Not only just transfers, but a new mission president. Also I don't think I will be able to hide in Jr. companionville for much longer. It's all exciting, which is pretty much what my mission has been. Thank you all for your prayers.

Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment