Monday, June 23, 2014

On the Move

I got called this morning, and it turns out that I will be packing my bags. I am going to be on the other side of Thousand Oaks in Camarillo. I will be with Elder Gregory and I will be the new district leader over there, so that was unexpected. Also I am going to be dusting off my bike, because I will be in an all bike area. The good news is I will be able to get back in shape. I am actually excited to be on a bike that car is kinda cramped. A lot of things are changing this transfer, including a new mission president starting next week. I can't wait to see what lies ahead. As far as what happened this last week, it was great. On Wednesday we had our last zone conference with president Castro, it was a bitter sweet. He is a great leader and I have learned a lot from him. The good news is that I will see him tomorrow at transfer meeting before he goes. Then we had a lesson with a less active, Sister Crum. She has grandkids who aren't members, they are young like 10, 7 and 5. There is definitely potential there. The kids weren't there so it was just her we had a great lesson. I went out on a limb and asked her why she doesn't come to church. She didn't know. I assured her that she is always welcome, and we would love to see her there. Spoiler alert: She came! I will have to find out later how that goes. Then on Friday we had a lesson with Jon. He is a born again christian who is trying to convert us. It's hard because he wants us to come back and meet with him again. Elder Moser will give him a couple more chances, but if nothing changes I doubt they will keep meeting with him. I am doing great here, it's kind of a bummer to leave so soon, but from what I have heard I am going to love my new companion and area. Thank you all for everthing you do. Have fun and work hard.

Elder Hamson



No comments:

Post a Comment