Monday, February 2, 2015

Gumball Alley

This last week has been a little crazy with all of the change, but that isn't really a new concept. You never really figure out what you are doing either you just get used to not knowing what you are doing. On Monday Elder Kanenwisher and I went downtown and added some gum to gumball alley. It is really gross, but we took a picture and had lunch at this place that makes a mean pulled pork sandwich. Then this transfer meeting we tried a new method of carpooling that worked well. We had everyone drive their individual cars to the church building In SLO and then carpooled there and put whatever bikes and luggage didn't fit in the cars in the truck. It seemed to work well, but is still just a crazy day for us. Transfer meeting was great and one of my companions (Mike Moser) is home now which is weird. He posted a video of us on facebook and my ward up in SLO found it which was mildly embarrassing, but mostly funny. Elder Toa is great he is from Utah, but both his parents are from Samoa. He is like the opposite personality of me, but we get along just fine. We make up for each others weaknesses, and I think this will be a great learning opportunity for me and I think we work really well together. This week was a solid week, and we have been setting ourselves up for a fantastic week next week. We have been trying to get in contact with a lot of the Less-Actives in the ward for a while, and of course the week Elder Toa gets here we find Tu'uta. He is Tongan and on the football team, so they talked for a while about Polynesian stuff and we have a lesson set up for next week. We also have been focusing on taking the members out working with us, and we were able to teach Mayra on Friday with Colin. It was really helpful to have Colin with us to bear his testimony and invite her to church. That was our first real lesson with her and we will see her next week. Other than that it has been a pretty normal week with a lot of missionary things going on. This is going to be a great transfer and I can't wait to see what lies ahead. I have been studying a lot about my own personal conversion, and how I can help others. Elder Toa and I are really focusing on Luke 22:31-32 and how we can apply it. One thing we decided to do is to use the Book of Mormon as the focus of our studies, and teaching specifically trying to answer questions of the soul. As well we are going to try and bear testimony of the Book of Mormon at every opportunity we can. So I invite you all to think of a question you need an answer to and find it in the Book of Mormon, because it is there and all we have to do is find it. I don't mean to be "preachy" I just know it's true. Thank you all for the support and I hope all goes well where ever you are.
Elder Hamson



No comments:

Post a Comment