Monday, February 16, 2015

The Best Teachers are Great Learners

Why hello everyone, I hope you had a great valentines weekend. Everything is going well up here in SLO. We went on a couple exchanges this week and I went away for both of them, and that is always a lot of fun. On Tuesday I went up to Paso 2 and worked with Elder Goad for the day. We went and did service for the food bank in the morning and that was fine until they had us throw out rotten veggies. We had to open all of the individual spinach containers and dump out the nasty goop inside and throw away the plastic. It is moments like these where I am grateful for my lack of smelling ability. Then we stopped by someone in the ward they didn't know later that day, and he was really glad to see us. He had thought that everyone had forgotten about him(which is very sad), but it felt good to know we were being led to where we needed to be. They are going to start teaching him and there are non-members living with him, so I think that is going to be a great opportunity for them in the future. Then in SLO we met with all of our Recent Converts and they are doing just fine which is great, because there are way too many recent converts that fall away. Our investigator Beth apparently plays with a symphony and was out of town, so we didn't end up meeting with her but she has been reading from the Book of Mormon and we have a sweet lesson planned for this week, so tune in next week to see what happens.:) The other exchange on Saturday went well. We got in contact with a Part Member family, and taught the dad for a little bit. He wants to believe, but he just doesn't know. We assured him that he can know, and shared some scriptures from Alma 32 about how those people were in a similar situation. Sometimes looking back I am amazed at how much I have learned and how far I have come, and I think a huge part of my success is being humble and teachable. The best teachers are great learners and the best leaders are great followers. I hope we can all follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ, and strive to learn and live by his teachings. Then turn and help others to do the same thing. I love you all and I hope everything goes well with all of your adventures.
Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment