Saturday, September 7, 2013

A first report.

We dropped Alan off on Wednesday the 28th and then waited, day after day, for word from him.  We worried that he might have gotten sick.  Finally, on the following Wednesday, we got our first email from Alan:

Hey everybody!
I got your package today and I appreciate the bright red bag with the flowers on it, at least the sister missionaries think it's cute. Sorry I couldn't email you sooner but I my p-day ended up on Wednesday I am doing good here at the MTC it hasn't been easy but it has definitely been an adventure. On the first day I lost my MTC ID card within the first hour of me being there. So basically I had to talk my way into the cafeteria until I could get a new ID card. I am over at the west campus so if you want to wave to me you have to go over by wyview. They just made half of the apartments into classrooms, but they did give me one of the long beds after I jokingly said I sleep curled up in a ball. Nothing has really changed though everyone wants to take pictures with me and I have seen some people I know too. My companion is good he is 18 and went to woods cross high school. He also just talks all the time, and apparently I am a really good listener. My companion got a cold yesterday, but I haven't been sick yet (knock on wood). Also I got called to be the zone leader on my second day at the MTC, so thats cool. Our zone consists of like 12 Elders and 4 sisters and we are all good friends now, but its kinda sad that we all go our separate ways on monday. So ya the next time I e-mail you I'll be in California. Anyways I'm learning a lot and my favorite part of the MTC so far was when we watched a video of Elder Bednar giving a christmas devotional to the missionaries on the Character of Christ There were technical problem so we couldn't watch the whole thing but the part we did watch was life changing. So if you could do me a favor and find like a written version or something that would be awesome, I don't know if its available to you guys or not just let me know. I love you guys and I miss you all.
Love,
Elder Hamson


No comments:

Post a Comment