Monday, August 17, 2015

Right in the Middle for another Week.

Things are going great out here in Simi Valley. We were able to go on a couple exchanges, and a lot of great missionary work this week. We planned it out to take someone from the ward out working with us every night of the week. On Tuesday we had a great lesson with our recent convert Jessica. It was about keeping the Sabbath day holy, and it was great to have a member there with us. We also had a bunch of other lessons throughout the week with Potentially new investigators. Everyone keeps asking me how long I have left and I tell them that I am right in the middle of my mission for another week. One of those potentially new investigators I am really excited about. One of the members who is going to school at BYU in the fall brought her friend to church and she is interested in meeting with us. Her name is Julia  and I guess she had come to church as a teenager with her friend, but her parents wouldn't let her get baptized. Now, get this, she is moving out into her own apartment, so she is going to be a solid investigator. Also Rob came to church this Sunday! He has been really sick lately so we have only had two lessons. Also he is on probation until he is 42, so we are mostly preparing him to have an interview with President Felix and go from there. He, as of right now, is very committed and knows this is what he needs to do it will just be hard for him to change his whole lifestyle or you could say a change of heart. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this week, and we are going to try to teach him two lessons this next week as well as keep in contact on the other days. There are a few other people in the works and there is always plenty of work to do, but those are the two most exciting. This week as also been a week of reflection and it's been cool to think back at who I was and see where I am now. I am determined to keep going and to never look back. So ya, things are going fantastic and I have another great week ahead of me. Also we are singing at church on Sunday so we'll see how that goes. Thank you all and I will see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hamson family! My name is Roger and I write an LDS blog. I'm also a diehard Cougar fan, and have had the privilege of reading Alan's journey as a missionary. I was wondering once he gets home, if it would be all possible to do an interview with Alan over the phone about his mission work and journey? I'm wanting to write a blog on the joys of being a missionary for my Primary class, and a few of the students are familiar with Alan's basketball career. You can email me at roger.sherrer@digity.me. Thank you so much, and God bless!

    A big fan, -Roger S.

    ReplyDelete