Monday, August 17, 2015

Breaking up is hard to do.

Greetings everyone, things are going great here in Simi Valley. This week we had MLC and that was great as always, it's weird to think that I won't be at the next one since I've been to the last 12 in a row. That was on Tuesday and that took up a large portion of our day, but that night we talked to these two kids in there garage and they were lifting weights preparing to go to worlds for power lifting or something like that(I'm not really into the whole competitive weight lifting scene). But they were really cool, and also ripped. We talked to them about the Book of Mormon and the restoration and they didn't commit to a return appointment due to a busy work schedule, but we got their numbers. We have a lot of interactions like that where we have a great first contact and give them a Book of Mormon, but the follow-up is always the hard part. I guess that's how it is with a lot of things in life sometimes we need a good follow-up before we follow through with something. But anyways I won't rant about how important follow-up is just do it. But ya this week was a good week, we are in a transition in our area. We were able to find 4 new investigators this week and they seem to have good potential, but on the other hand we dropped Tiny and Daniel, because they stopped progressing. Elder Gibb and I were talking about it and he was saying it feels like we are breaking up with them or something. I don't really know what that is like, so I guess I have a little taste for the future (very distant future). So ya, we had a great week and I am having a lot of fun with Elder Gibb, he probably ranks among my top 3 favorite companions. I am grateful to be right in the middle of my mission for another 2 weeks. Thank you
Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment