Monday, August 24, 2015

I Am Not Going to Lie.

Hello everyone, not going to lie I am not going to miss having to send out an email every week. Transfers are here and Elder Gibb is staying (big surprise) and will carry on the work with out me. We had a great last week though. We met with Rob like three times and he is just awesome. He is eager to learn everything and is teaching me probably just as much. When you talk with him you grow to appreciate growing up in the gospel, and you realize how precious time is. I've thought about it a lot and how we spend our time defines our priorities. We may say that we love our family or that we love the gospel, but unless we are spending our time with family and reading the scriptures than our actions say otherwise. Rob deep down has always known what is right, but has made a lot of poor choices. He is trying to change all of that around now, but he has to deal with all the consequences and change his whole lifestyle and that is tough. He is great though and he inspires me to be better. We also were able to meet with a few other investigators and Less-Actives, and two of them came to church ! We should also have a great turnout at our FHE tonight. We are doing a potato derby, so pinewood derby potato style. We invited everyone and it should be a great last day here in Simi. Then I am staying the night at the mission home tomorrow, then I fly home on Wednesday. So it will be a little crazy for the next couple of weeks, but I am excited to see you tomorrow at the airport. I am sure you know, but I think I am supposed to land at like 2:22pm give or take. I will definitely miss being a missionary, but I am excited to be fully invested in what I am doing right now, and not try to live in the past or look to some imaginary future. Things change, life moves on and I am excited to see what lies ahead. Thank you all and I will see you soon or at least be in contact with you.
Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment