Monday, May 5, 2014

Counting Down the Teenage Years

Well, my time as a teenager is growing short. I heard when you're twenty you have to be all responsible and stuff. That's ok I've still got a couple days left. As far as this week goes it was much better than last. I started off on an exchange with Elder Hurst on Tuesday. He is fairly new and he came to work in my area. We had a very good day together, talking with a lot of people. I have decided that I like helping other missionaries learn and grow just as much as investigators. Then on Wednesday I was back with Elder Moser, and we had 3 other lessons and in the beginning of the day we had 0 appointments. So it was a pretty good day . One of the people we ran into was Angela she is one of the members neighbor, and they told us she has come to church before. We talked for a little bit and she has a good friend in the ward. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would take a look at it. (unfortunately she probably won't). Thursday we had district meeting, and that went pretty good. There is still room for improvement, but I think we are all generally moving in the right direction. Friday we had presidents interviews and that was fantastic. It was different than normal though, he interviewed our companionship. Basically we accounted for everything in our stewardship. He asked us questions like do you wake up in the morning? is your apartment clean? is your car clean? Elder Moser and I had a great interview and we talked about the district, and President thanked us both for coming and rebuilding this area. It's still under construction, but generally going up. President Castro always has the best compliments, I am definitely going to miss him. Then later that day we taught the Hussons who, after we taught the whole plan of salvation, dropped us. Bummer. Then on Saturday we went on exchanges with the zone leaders, and I went with Elder Eggleston. He is pretty cool, it was definitely an interesting experience. We had an appointment with one of their investigators, Hailey. So we walk up to the door and we hear yelling from inside. And to say that they were yelling at each other would be a gross understatement. It was Hailey and her brother going at it, they were both dropping bombs left and right. Elder Eggleston and I both look at each other like, what do we do? He wanted to listen to see how it turned out, so we did. She was defending herself on why she was meeting with us, so we were both rooting her on. After a couple minutes we knocked on the door anyways. She was glad to see us and the brother promptly stomped his way upstairs. She then proceeded to tell us all her problems. We tried to read with her a little bit, but she is a very bubbly talker. Mostly I didn't say much in fear of her yelling at me. The rest of the day seemed quite normal in comparison. I think that pretty much sums up my week. This upcoming week though I get to go to the temple and call my mom, so I am excited. I love you all, and I'll be back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment