Monday, March 17, 2014

The Earth is Shaking

Hello everybody, this morning I survived an earthquake, so that's exciting. At first I thought someone fell down in the apartment above us or something, but I guess it was an earthquake. It wasn't enough to do any damage and we are all fine. This last week though has been an adventure. I'm getting along pretty good with my companion and it is definitely entertaining living with the zone leaders. (they don't get along as well). Right off the bat though last Monday evening we ran into a man who was just standing on his front lawn. He, Scott, was either waiting for his sprinklers to turn on or waiting for missionaries to come talk to him. We talked for a little bit and he was really interested in modern day prophets. We taught him all about it and gave him a Book of Mormon to read and pray about. We will talk to him again this week and see how it turns out. Then later in the week we taught Amanda and her family again. We taught a lot about faith and prayer. We committed them to read Alma 32 and to come to church. They didn't come to church though which was a bummer. I guess we'll find out why when we meet with them this week. We did however have two investigators, Jaque "jackie" and Katelyn, at church. We finally have an appointment with jaque next sunday, so we can set her with a baptismal date and she can start working towards that. Katelyn is an 11 year old girl we teach every once in a while who has had all the lessons and wants to be baptized however her parents are a lot less enthusiastic about the whole situation. It is quite complicated, so I won't bore you. We were just really excited to see her at church which she hasn't been able to come the whole time I have been here. We will teach her again this up coming week and hopefully church wasn't just a one time thing. We also had a district meeting for the first time in this district and is was a really good meeting. There are some really great missionaries here and I am glad to be able to work around them. I love you all and I hope you are all doing well.

Elder Hamson


Alan's District:


No comments:

Post a Comment