Monday, March 10, 2014

One Week Late

Here is last week's official post.  It is one week late because the internet connection stopped working at the church where they were sending their emails last week:

Hello everybody, this week has been a really great week. I got a new companion and his name is Elder Shields. He came from Oxnard and has been out on his mission for about a year. He also has the opposite personality of Elder Atkin, so it has been a bit of a shock. He is a good missionary and everything he really has some good experience. He is really cool and is super "chill". His nick name is the vacation. He just does whatever and it's cool. If I want to go work hard that's great lets do it. If I want to do nothing that's cool too. It is an interesting change and I am learning a lot about myself and my missionary standard I guess you could say. It's good though I think president put us together, because he knew I could take it. So we are going and working hard, and its great we make a pretty good pair when it comes to teaching.
As for who we met and taught this week. We knocked on some Jehovah witness's door and that is always an adventure. People like that, Jehovah witness/born again christian, are like a big trap. They are always so excited to see us Mormons, and so I think great someone who has questions and wants to talk with us! I have since learned. It's hard, because they will sit there and talk doctrine with us all day and we get no where. You just have to bear your testimony and walk away, so those are always an adventure. Other than that the closest person we have to baptism is Jaquie. Who we haven't taught yet, but she is what some people would call a "dry Mormon". She comes to church each week with a family in the ward and lives the standards. Now we just need to coordinate three different schedules to teach the lessons so it is taking a little longer than I would like. Willyam didn't end up coming to church this week, but we will try again next week. It was also rainy for the last couple of days and on Saturday it really dumped on us. I was so glad to have the rain, we got into a lot more doors than usual. We went to the houses of potential investigators who normally wouldn't let us inside and sure enough they had pitty on us and we had some great lessons. We actually found a new investigator who moved in from Japan a month ago, speaks great English and doesn't have really any beliefs and is very open minded. Those are always the best kind of investigators, a clean slate. So we taught her how to pray and she said she would read from the book of mormon and pray about it. So there are a lot of good things going on and I am excited to still be here in Thousand Oaks 

No comments:

Post a Comment