Monday, March 24, 2014

Cheers and Tears

GO BYU!!! JEN YOU'RE THE BEST!!! 
I can't come to the game so this will have to suffice. Ya, this last week has been fantastic. On Sunday a member told me all about the game against NC state and that BYU was the 12 seed. It was a good thing we were in the chapel, because otherwise I would have just lost it. 
As far as missionary work goes, we finally got to teach this girl named Jacque. She is like 17 and has been coming to church with her friend in the ward for a while now. We have been trying to meet with her for what seems like forever, but it's probably only been a few months. Anyways she pretty much is already half way through 2 Nephi and pretty much already knows a lot of the stuff we are teaching. So we blew through the Restoration and Plan of Salvation yesterday and she believed every word of it. So naturally I think in my head this is great lets set her with a baptismal date right now. I asked her to baptized. She immediately starts crying and they just keep coming. It was quiet for a while and I am sitting there thinking to my self, what have I done, this is the last thing I expected to happen. It turns out it's a little more complicated than I thought, but basically she is worried about what her mom will think. Our plan now is to get them both baptized that way it isn't a problem! But we will keep meeting with her and hopefully her mom comes to our next lesson. Other than Sunday it was about an average week. One of our investigators, Sandy, told us that her prayers had been answered. When we asked her about it she told us that the store had run out of her favorite brand of coffee that was on sale. She prayed that it would be there the next day. Sure enough, there it was the next day. On the bright side she went with the ward to the ward temple activity to walk around the LA temple and the visitors center. We will ask her all about it this week!
I love you all and although I'm not watching march madness I am still so happy to be a missionary. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. 

Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment