Monday, October 28, 2013

The Little Engine that Wouldn't

Hello everybody this last week has been one of the best weeks I have had so far. On Tuesday we had transfers and I got to meet my new companion Elder Atkin. He is great my other companion was good, but Elder Atkin is great. He is from St. George and he was a ballet dancer before he came out here on his mission. He has been on his mission for five months and he will be training me for the last 6 weeks of the 12 week training program.We got a brand new Chevy cruze at the transfer meeting, I guess they really trust us missionaries, and I don't have to ride my bike for at least six weeks. So we found our way back to thousand oaks and got back to work and we taught a lesson that night to katelyn she's 11. It was our first lesson together and it went really well. She was really excited to learn more and read from the book of mormon which is great. Overall I think we had 11 lessons total this last week which is the most I have had so far. I am feeling a lot better about my teaching ability and Elder Atkin is really helping me become a better missionary. This last I learned a lot about finding those people who have been prepared to receive the gospel. We had just knocked on a door of an inactive member and they weren't home so as we were walking back to our car we felt like we should knock on the door across the street. Christina answered the door, we talked for a little bit and she mentioned that her brother William was looking for a church to go to and needed direction in his life. We asked if we could stop by another time and meet him she told us that they are both in and out all the time and don't know if they will be around, but we could try by anytime. Then later that week we stopped by and they were both there working on a car in the front yard. We asked if we could help and he told us ya I need to pull the engine out. So we all pulled and yanked at it, but it didn't come off. We prayed and it still didn't budge, so we taught them both the restoration as William worked on the car. We left them both with a copy of the book of mormon and they were surprised that we were able to catch them both home at the same time. I am just glad that we were able find them, because we were paying attention. I think sometime we miss opportunities, because we aren't looking for them. I know that there are people like Christina and William out there who are prepared to hear the gospel we just have to be looking for them. I love all of you and I you are feeling better Uncle Karl and Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment