Monday, June 1, 2015

The Twin Towers of Gospel Preaching

Greetings from Simi Valley! Transfers are in and I am staying! Unfortunately they are breaking up the twin towers of gospel preaching. Elder Hunt is going to Santa Maria, which should be a fun place. My new companion is Elder Wickern who is currently in the zone as one the the district leaders (one of my favorites on that note) So he isn't getting transferred very far and I already know him pretty well, so I am pretty excited about this next transfer. This last week was a great week though. We went to the temple on Wednesday, and it was great to get to go since it's been almost a year since I have gone. We had a good time, and it was weird to think that Jen was probably somewhere not too far. We also found a new investigator named Jessy, and she is great. She soaked it all up like a sponge and was excited to come to some activities. She is out of town this weekend, but said she would start coming this next week. She also committed to a baptismal date in July. Daniel is doing great, he came to an institute activity and loved it. He is a little shy sometimes, so we are glad he had a fun time. He came to church and is really progressing towards his baptism on June 17th. So things are going well and there are a few of the members who are working with there friends, and hopefully we start meeting with some of them. I really like the members here, and the ward is growing with return missionaries, and kids waiting to go to school in the fall. It's weird to think that I will be one of those students in the fall. Until then I'm going to find all those YSA kids out there who need the gospel. Thank you all
Elder Hamson



No comments:

Post a Comment