Monday, January 12, 2015

Another Busy Week

This week has been another busy week up here in San Luis Obispo.
On Tuesday we had a confernce with the mission leadership (MLC) in Oxnard and that was great. I absolutely loved it and I am still trying to absorb everything we learned and talked about.
This area is doing great, we have a lot of recent converts in the ward and we are investing a lot of our time working with them. All of them are on fire and we have invited them to invite their friends to our lessons. Hana told us this morning that her friend Taylor would love to! So we will keep investing into the ward and the success will come.
I went on an exchange with Elder Bryson the day after MLC and that was great. I got the full experience going on an exchange with the assistants. I drove up with Elder Atkin and Elder Bryson, Exchanged with Elder Bryson Drove to Santa Barbara with Elder Atkin and back up to Santa Maria with Elder Lee. It was a lot of craziness, but I learned a lot talking with all three of them.
We also went on an exchange with Elder Snyder and Elder Johns this week. I went with Elder Johns in his area (Atascadero). We had a great exchange and I was overall very impressed with Elder Johns. He is a little shy/timid, but he is humble and teachable which is a great attribute to have. He is willing to be obedient and to just go out and try it. There were a couple of times during the day were we walked up to someone and introduced ourselves then I just looked at Elder Johns and smiled like he had something great to say. He stepped up everytime and did a great job. He set a goal to be more assertive in his companionship which I thought was awesome. I also learned from him to keep it simple and powerful. That's the advice he gave me after we did an EDPEP (role play) , because I probably talked his ear off. Now I have a goal to teach simply, but powerfully .
Elder Kanenwisher is great, and I really appreciate being his companion. He is a very hard worker, and he has some great stories that he relates back to the gospel. We are really trying to keep this area flourishing and to be good examples, and he plays a big role in that.
In my studies I have thought a lot about one of the focuses in our mission "we desire the salvation of souls" and D&C 4:4  "he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might. . .bringeth salvation to his soul" I have a renewed commitment to serve with all of my heart, might, mind and strength and I am loving every minute of it!
Elder Hamson


Alan with Elder Johns.


No comments:

Post a Comment