Monday, September 8, 2014

The Ocean

Everything is going great here in Camarillo. This week has been a crazy week. On Tuesday we moved apartments and this new one is right smack dab in the middle of our area which is awesome. They are spoiling us with a very nice apartment. We have two showers now between the 4 of us and a washer and dryer. We only just finished unpacking this morning. Elder Hull and I didn't end up moving hardly any of the stuff, because we were teaching Marcia and Alyssa that night. Marcia is still doing great and I will be baptizing her this Saturday which is crazy! Alyssa we set with a baptismal date for September 27 and She is a lot younger, so she is learning slower than Marcia, but then again Marcia is just a special case of hyperspeed learning. Then on Friday I got to go to a mission leadership training in Santa Barbara. That was such a beautiful drive, and I got to see the ocean for the first time in a year. The meeting was like a waterfall of knowledge I couldn't possibly soak in all at once. It's a good thing I took copious notes and I'll soak it all in over time. I got to see Elder Atkin there and we talked the whole time at lunch. If you remember from Thousand Oaks the old lady investigator, Sandy, we would read with every week. I found out that she is getting baptized this Saturday as well! I wish I could go, but it just great to hear the she finally made it to baptism. Its better late than never. Then on Saturday I went on my 4th exchange with Elder Watts. We had a great time, and we mostly compiled information and added up numbers for the stake report the whole time (zone leader stuff), but overall a good exchange. Anyways it was a great week and I am really excited for what the future holds. Thank you all for being awesome especially you Timothy.

Elder Hamson



No comments:

Post a Comment