Monday, January 13, 2014

Staying Put

Well transfers are tomorrow and I am staying here in Thousand Oaks with Elder Atkin! I hear It's unusual for companions to stay together for three transfers, so I really lucked out. Our whole district is pretty much staying the same so that's exciting. Also the zone leaders are staying as well so our whole apartment is the same for another 6 weeks. Also we found out that our new mission president will be president Dell C. Felix on July 1, 2014
 I gave a talk in church on Sunday and it went really well. We have been listening to a CD about teaching by the spirit and it talks about taking no thought before hand- D&C 84:85. I studied a lot of different things that I could talk about and I had written down a few notes in my notebook on what I was going to say in my talk. I was thinking about it on the stand before the meeting and if I have everything written out on what I am going to talk about I am not giving the Lord an opportunity to speak through me. So as I got up to give my talk I left my notes on the seat, took my scripture and went with the spirit. It's like bearing your testimony in sacrament meeting you just have to do it before you have time to talk yourself out of it. It was definitely a leap of faith and quite scary, but I trusted that He would help me with what I need to say. It didn't come though until I was in the midst of giving my talk, but that is how it works. It takes a lot of faith, but it is an experience I won't soon forget.
This last week was great as far as investigators go we had one at church which is good, but if everything went how we had hoped there would have been 5. We will keep working on them though, and now that I am with Elder Atkin for another transfer they will know the missionaries already. We still are planning on a baptism on the 25th, Lisa Brinton. Everything is going as planned and we are teaching the whole family, so hopefully they will all follow after the mother's example. We have two other investigators with a date, Chris and Katherine, they are doing great still and this last week we had one of the youth come to our lesson with them which was great. It helps to have someone their age to bear their testimony to them. I have a real love for this area and for all of the people we are teaching, and I am so glad that I get to stay here for another six weeks. I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment