Monday, December 2, 2013

Don't Pop the Bounce House!

Wow I can't believe that it's already December Christmas is just around the corner and I get to spend it here in Thousand Oaks. I got the news this morning and I am staying here and I will still be companions with Elder Atkin which is great, because we are pretty much best friends now. I completed my 12 week training, so things will be a little different, we will be getting out earlier in the morning instead of an hour of training. I am actually really excited about that, because I am the happiest when I am out of the apartment working.
This last week was really great we had thanksgiving with the Snyder family which was really good and there was a lot of family there, so we didn't run out of things to eat. It was really good and there were a ton of little kids running around everywhere. They even had a bounce house in their backyard which according to one little girl would pop if I were to go inside. It was also the largest audience we have shared a dinner message with. As for the rest of the day we went about our work as usually. The holidays are great because people are home and with their families.
As for who we are teaching we taught some new investigators we found last week, William and Bernadette they are a young couple we just started teaching. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and it went really well they have been reading from the Book of Mormon and we committed them to come to church yesterday, but they didn't make it. Another investigator Sandy Dawson made some good progress she has been taught for a really long time and only recently she has been willing to change some things in her life to prepare for baptism. This last week she committed to give up alcohol which is good step in the right direction. This last transfer has been really great me and Elder Atkin have made some really good progress in this area. At the beginning of the transfer we didn't have any progressing investigators, but as of right now we have 5. The Lord has really blessed me as I have been obedient and as I serve with all my heart might mind and strength. I am doing really great here I love it, I'm still wearing short sleeves every day and I am excited to serve another transfer here with Elder Atkin.
I love you guys
Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment