Monday, December 1, 2014

Where has the Lord Blessed You?

I don't think things are going to slow down anytime soon. I have been as busy as ever and I absolutely love being a missionary. The Lord has blessed me so much I can't believe it sometimes. We started off this week with an exchange on Tuesday with Elder Robertson and Elder Trujillo. They are Spanish speaking missionaries, so that made things more interesting. I went with Elder Trujillo in his area (Morro Bay) and I had a great time. I learned a little bit of Spanish, but mostly it was all him as far as teaching goes. Probably one of the more interesting exchanges I went on, but it went really well. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at a member of the bishopric's house and that was great. On Saturday we went on another Exchange except this time I stayed in SLO while Elder Jackson went up to Templeton. It was a good exchange with Elder Smoot and they are english speaking, so that wasn't the problem. I just tried really hard not to get lost, because we have a large area and I don't have it down that well yet. Thank goodness for my GPS. My favorite day this week though was by far Sunday. We went to church and there was like 20 of us there, because everyone is out of town with their families. After church we had a lesson with Helen who is really excited about her baptism this Saturday. We are planning that all out and it should be a really great experience for everyone. Then later that evening we had one of the best lessons I have had in a long time. We got in contact with Olivia who went LA when she was 12 and set up an appointment for Sunday night, and she brought her non-member boyfriend Sam. We brought Matt from the ward with us and it was a great lesson. It was about the restoration and when we were talking about the Spirit Sam told us that he has gotten feelings that before, but he is really feeling it right now. The lesson was completely led by the spirit, and you can't deny the spirit that was there. I wish I could describe this lesson better, because there were so many little things that fell into place to make it happen. We asked Sam if he would be baptized if he knew the Book of Mormon was true, and he said yes. They were so prepared and I still cannot believe how blessed I have been. This is truly the Lords work, and not just some hip thing the kids day these days. I would encourage you all to look for where the Lord has blessed you in your life, it's a very humble experience. Thank you all for your support. You are in my prayers, and I love you all.
Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment